Here’s a quick reference sheet I’ve compiled of 9 quick pre-exam motivation, mindset and stress-relief tips!
- SLEEP. It changes EVERYTHING.
- Redefine your self-worth metric. This does not define your worth.
- Know your why. Learning is so lovely, and there is SO much to learn! This is just testing you on that.
- Appreciate the process. You like to think that achieving your goals will make you happy but it won’t. Happiness is created through overcoming difficult problems – ideally ones we choose for ourselves to tackle. (I got this idea from a book I’m currently reading called “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck” by Mark Manson.)
- See the big picture. It will all work out in the end. It always does.
- Live in the moment. ENJOY whatever you are doing while you are doing it. Live in the moment without wishing for anything more.
- Humility. You are never going to be the best. Be happy with who you are.
- Humour. Have a sense of humour about things. Don’t take life so seriously.
- Trust. Trust that the choices you made up until now have led you here.