How do you decide between a planner and a bullet journal? There’s pros and cons to each organizational system, and you’ve got to pick the one that suits your goals, lifestyle and preferences!
Get some inspiration by seeing what a bullet journal and planner could look like, how you can transfer from one system to another, and ultimately – how to choose your favourite!
A huge thank you to Clever Fox for sponsoring this video and gifting me the two planners I used to help you pick between the organizational systems!
Here are some questions to get you started. Keep track of how many your answer YES and NO to!
- Do you often make lists?
- Do you like having everything in one place despite clutter?
- Do you find setting up a planner spread every month or week appealing?
- Do you find it hard to get all the planner features you’re looking for in one planner?
- Is every week different for you?
- Do you dislike routine?
- Are you in an expansive/changing stage of life (vs. a consistent one)?
- Do you have a low price point?
- Would you value personalization over aesthetic/professionalism?
If you answered YES to more than half of these – try BULLET JOURNALING!
If you answered NO to more than half of these – PLANNING might be for you!
the Pros and Cons
- SPEED | depending how you use them, both systems can be as fast or as time-consuming as you like!
- ORGANIZED | you’ll need something that’s more organized than your chaotic life if it’s going to work!
- GOAL SETTING | a good organization system will help you set and accomplish your goals, with reflections along the way.
- CREATIVE & CRAFTY | you can really do this with any system! It’s all about HOW you get creative with it.
unique features of a planner
- INSPIRING | the preset layouts can give you ideas and provoke some good reflection!
- STRUCTURED | planners are very systematic and this can make it easier to flip to the pages you need in a hurry.
- PROFESSIONAL | because someone else professionally made it, your planner may be more suited for a professional environment.
- AESTHETIC | don’t fret if you’re not an artistic type, since your planner can fill that role for you!
unique features of a bullet journal
- FLEXIBLE | you can literally do anything with your bullet journal. Anything.
- PERSONALIZED | there’s no constraints on space, topics, or prompts!
- ARTISTIC | blank notebooks are the perfect inspiration to get artsy, crafty, and messy.
- CLUTTERED | speaking of messy – most bullet journals are simply chronological, which can be hard to index and search.
- POSSIBLY TIME CONSUMING | this is highly dependent on you, but generally having to set up your own spreads can take longer.
- LESS EXPENSIVE | plain notebooks, lined notebooks, that cheap dollar store notebook – they’re all bullet journals!
Check out Clever Fox’s awesome line of planners and dot grid notebooks!
USE CODE GET20OFF for a 20% discount on all products!
US (all planners & dotted notebooks)
Weekly: https://amzn.to/392mDMB *
Daily: https://amzn.to/2T3BQr4 *
Pro: https://amzn.to/2Tl3IWJ *
CA (classic planners only – weekly, daily, PRO weekly, budget)
Weekly: https://amzn.to/386rUS3 *
Daily: https://amzn.to/3833MQ9 *
Clever Fox’s planners are beautiful AND functional. If I were to make a planner, it would look very similar to these bullet-journal-inspired layouts. There’s gratitude logs, reminders to reward yourself for your accomplishments, and a habit tracker – all with a level of customization and personalization that is rare in regular planners.
Do you prefer a planner or a bullet journal? Let me know in the comments below!
You might also like...
No Recipes Found